Saturday, April 14, 2012

Because I said so...

Now that we've had a couple days to reassess and reconnoiter, it is time to share how Ken is progressing.
Two steps forward, three steps back. But, for the most part, we are still moving in the right direction. That's not to say that a few sharp exchanges of words have not taken place. You see, my husband is a man! The concept that his immune system is sub-par really hadn't sunk in when I had to run an errand to Wal-Mart and he had to ride along and then WAIT IN THE CAR. So, I literally ran through the store (my latest exercise) and stopped to pick out a couple movies at Redbox that I thought he might enjoy. Fifteen minutes, tops! So, I put the stuff in the trunk and open the door to ease into the driver's seat...Ken has a MOVIE on his lap! I look at him. I look at the movie. I say, "I got movies". He says, "I texted you that I got that movie. Didn't you get my text?" I say nothing. As we are driving home, I say nothing. When we are almost home I (having counted to 5, 327) say, "It's not that we picked out the same movie. Why were you in Wal-Mart, without your mask, touching that dirty machine?  I guess I won't be able to trust you...blah, blah, blah. He says, "Point taken. But, great minds think alike, right?" ARGHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!

I have taken Ken out since then. As a matter of fact, he had his hair cut yesterday (wearing a mask), and I snapped a picture to show y'all.

So, a friend of mine emailed, and asked how things were going, and how was I doing? I said that it was day by day, and I really hadn't laughed much lately. I was crabby, and felt I should wait to blog until I had a better mindset. So, it wasn't even a full minute later, he sends me this:

Do you know the definition of endless love???????????

Stevie Wonder and Ray Charles playing tennis...

I laughed. Ken laughed. Thank you, Ned!

Ken says I need to post a picture of me...ack.  What happened to this being all about Ken?? Hmm? OK! You will note that my son took this picture of me at the hospital after one of our more recent, late night,  emergency room visits. Very troll-like, don'cha think?


Well, that's about it for today. We continue to appreciate all y'all, and hope to have Ken much better soon. Inch by inch, step by step...

 After not being to able to hear my husband's voice for far too long, I encourage all of you to SAY, "I love you" to someone you care about, and to HEAR them say, "I love you, too". Something too easily taken for granted...

Paula

1 comment:

  1. Paula----what a way you have w/ words...you can make me laugh AND make me cry in the same blog!!!
    Hugs to you & Ken!
    ~~~~BARB

    ReplyDelete